The Company operates its businesses in a fair manner, upholding the long-practiced culture under an ethical framework, which has been developed to suit the ongoing economic and social changes, and being responsible towards every stakeholder groups. As a result, in 2016 the Company was rated as being “Excellent” in the Corporate Governance Assessment of Thai Listed Companies undertaken by the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET).
The Company’s Board of Directors has established the Good Corporate Governance Policy, as part of the Company’s overall policies, which came into effect in 2004. The Good Corporate Governance Policy Guidelines have been developed and, since then, regularly revised to be current and appropriate to the latest situation.
The Board of Directors appointed a Good Corporate Governance Committee in 2012 to work with the Good Corporate Governance Working Group, which was also established in the same year. This working group is responsible for monitoring, assessing and improving the Company’s Good Corporate Governance Policy, so that it remains appropriate and consistent with the changing economic and social environments as well as with the relevant and applicable laws. It also has to ensure that it is consistent with the Corporate Governance Policy of Thai Listed Companies as specified by the Stock Exchange of Thailand and involved regulatory authorities.
The Board of Directors approved and published the “Good Corporate Governance Policy (3rd Edition, Revised - 2013)” in order to be appropriate and correspond to the amended regulations which encompasses the following key points.
(1) To carry on the business of manufacturing for sale of container, cup and bowl, made from plastic, melamine, metal, and all kind of materials, glassware including household equipment, furniture, utensil, decoration, kitchenware, office supplies, and its components made from all kind of materials, except manufacturing of goldware, silverware, nielloware, bronzeware.
(2) To carry on the business of manufacturing for sale of accessory, clothes, bag, and ready-made apparel, including textile manufacturing products such as carpet, cotton, yarn, synthetic, except manufacturing of Thai silk thread, Thai silk weaving, or printing on Thai silk.
(3) To import, buy machines, engines, equipments, instruments, components and parts of the aforesaid using for business operation as stipulated in the objectives no.1 and 2 above.
(4) To buy, acquire, rent, lease out, buy on hire-purchase, own, possess, improve, develop, use or otherwise manage any property whatsoever as well as the fruits thereof.
(5) To borrow, lend money, give commercial credit, certify debt, for benefit in operation as stipulated in the objectives, guarantee, issue, transfer or endorse bills of exchange or other instruments.
(6) To sell, transfer, mortgage, pledge, exchange or otherwise dispose of any property.
(7) To undertake a service business providing guarantees for debt for a person or juristic person, including the guarantee for a person related to the company or to company operation, in accordance with the laws of immigration, taxation, custom, labour, and other laws, with non commercial purpose.
(8) To contact with government agencies and officials in acquiring or disposal of an exclusive right, contract, right, proprietary, trademark license, industrial property, copyright, patent, concession, or any privilege needed in company operation.
(9) To apply for any application, license and registration as necessarily or beneficially for company operation.
(10) The company may offer its shares for sale at a price higher than the registered par value.
(11) The company may issue its securities, such as debenture, bill of exchange, warrant, or any instrument comply with the Securities and Exchange Commission Regulations and/or other related law in order to offer for sale to shareholder and/or any person and/or any people.
(12) To carry on the direct sales business or direct market business according to the law.
(13) To carry on the business of trading in fresh food, dried food, pre-cooked food, food supplement, canned food, food seasoning, food, beverage, beer, liquor, and other consumables.
(14) To carry on the business of trading in textiles, quilts, bedsheets, towels, yarn, garments, ready-made clothes, wearing apparels and accessories, cosmetics, beauty aids or accessories, and other consumer goods.
(15) To carry on the business of trading in household instrument and equipment, electric device, packaging, food storage box, and instrument component.
(16) To carry on the business of trading in rice, rice products, cassava, cassava products, maize, sesame seeds, beans, pepper, tea, coffee, cream or artificial cream, jute, kapok, cotton, lace, castor beans, wood, rubber, vegetables, fruits, forest products, medicinal herbs, animal hides, animal horn, live animals, animal flesh, sugar, animal food, and agricultural products of all kinds.
(17) To be a broker, agent or commission agent in transactions and businesses of all types except insurance, membership recruitment for associations, and trading in securities.
(18) To establish branch offices or to appoint agents, within or outside the Kingdom, to become a partner with limited liability in a limited partnership and to become shareholder in other limited company.
(19) To carry on the business of production, creation and broadcast of information, advertisement, public relation, promotion, activity, as well as website transaction via internet network.
(20) To carry on the business of trading in medicines for the curing and prevention of disease in humans and animals, pharmaceutical products, chemical substances, medical and pharmaceutical equipment, fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides, all kinds of growth agents for plants and animals, and scientific instrument and equipment.
(21) To carry on the business of trading in gold, precious metal alloys, silver, diamonds, precious gems and semi-precious stones, including imitations thereof.
(22) To carry on the business of newspaper, printing, printed matter, journal, document, and all types of magazine in Thai and foreign language for company or related to company activity, or distributor, member, and company client.
(23) To carry on the business of manufacturing, buying, wholesaling, retailing of air purifier, electrical equipment, bedding, communicational equipment, stationery, educational and educational promotional equipment, environment treatment product, home repair product, leak repair equipment, tool and repair tool for container, utensil and building, car product, car accessory product, engine oil, lubricant oil.
(24) To carry on the business of trading in plastics, or other similar materials, either in raw form or processed into articles.
(25) To carry on the business of trading in food supplements for plants, agricultural instruments such as the spraying device for food supplements for plants.
(26) To carry on the business of trading in latex, crude rubber sheet, or other kinds of rubber, that are produced by or derived from any part of the rubber tree, including synthetic rubber and synthetic versions of the said materials or goods made by scientific means.
(27) To carry on the business of import and export of the goods stipulated in the objectives for distribution.
(28) To undertake a service business of counseling and providing recommendations on problems related to work management, commerce and industry, including problems of manufacturing, marketing and distributing.
(29) To carry on a service business of collecting, compiling, preparing, publishing and distributing statistics, data and information concerning agriculture, industry, commerce, finance and marketing, including analyzing and assessing the outcome of business transactions.
(30) To carry on a service business of being a manager who protects the interests, collects and receives the benefit and manages the properties for others.
(31) To carry on the business of bidding for sale of goods and hire of work in accordance with all of the objectives, for any person, body of persons, juristic person, government agency and state enterprise.
(32) To carry on the business of selling, retailing, wholesaling of all products stipulated in the objects, by direct retailing to client and consumer via catalog, company shop, internet or electronic transaction, distributor, and website of distributor or business partner.
(33) To operate international headquarters business, including to provide management and technical services, supportive services or financial management services to its associated enterprises or branches, whether or not such associated enterprises or branches will be located in Thailand or overseas, and to operate international trading center business under the scope of the international headquarters business.
(34) To operate service support business, including supporting services in general management, business planning, business coordination, procurement of raw materials and components, product research and development, technical support, marketing and sales promotion, personnel management and training, financial advisory, economic and investment analysis and research, or credit management and control, and other supporting services.
(35) To operate international trading center business, including procurement and sales of goods, raw materials, and components, or to provide services regarding international trading to juristic person established under foreign laws, which are procurement of goods and raw materials, warehousing of goods and raw materials prior to delivery, packaging and transportation of goods, or to give advisory, technical and training service on goods.